Thank you for visiting our website. Fraunhofer Singapore is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Singapore laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal information in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our services and initiatives.
Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy statement describes the types of information we collect on the www.fraunhofer.sg website (the “Site”), how we use it, and the circumstances under which we may disclose it. By accessing the Site on any computer, mobile phone, tablet, or other device, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We may modify this Policy at any time and will post the current version on the Site. We encourage you to periodically review our Policy to stay informed about how we are using the information we collect.
Personal Data Defined
For purposes of this Policy, ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is a human being who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Location of Web Site Host
The web server on which the Site is hosted is owned and managed by Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and is located in Germany. Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft operates the Site in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation adopted by the European Union (“GDPR”). See the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Data Protection Policy at www.fraunhofer.de/en/data-protection-policy.html for details regarding matters specific to GDPR compliance.
We will administer this policy so as to comply with Singapore law and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). See Personal Data Protection Act at www.pdpc.gov.sg. Singapore law will apply to the rights of users of the Site who are located in the Singapore. We cannot represent that the Site complies with the laws of jurisdictions other than in Singapore and with the GDPR.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information We Collect Automatically
- When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect and store certain data that cannot identify you personally. Such data may include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Type of browser and operating system accessing our Website;
- The address of a referring website (if linked from a third party);
- Cookies; and
- Web beacons.
In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behaviour, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data. We may also use anonymized or aggregated information for statistical analysis, research, and other purposes.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We primarily use the information that we collect to provide you with information, products, and services. Specifically, we may use the information we collect from, and about, you (including your personal data) for any of the following purposes:
- To fulfill your requests for our products and services;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To operate, improve and optimize the Site, our business or our services;
- To review Site usage and operations;
- To address problems with the Site, our business or our services;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business;
- To monitor the Site for compliance with our terms and conditions and the law;
- To send newsletters, brochures and other informational and promotional materials regarding our company and offered services, or regarding opportunities for employment or internships that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or others, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- To conduct research.
With Whom We Share Your Information
For External Processing
- To Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and service providers, to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us.
For Legal Reasons
We may share information collected from, and about you (including your personal data) with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Fraunhofer Singapore if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order);
- Enforce our terms of service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Fraunhofer and its personnel, third parties, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal data to another entity to:
- Outsource a legitimate business function;
- Confirm or update information you provided;
- Notify you of events, and information about our services;
- For other purposes, if disclosed at or before we collected the information; and
- To comply with a legal obligation.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements (unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and us).
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Access, Correction, and Deletion
We respect your right to access and correct your personal data. You may exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain certain records, for example those relating to inquiries or customer service matters, for legal and accounting purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary.
If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal data, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Monitor Site usage;
- Manage the Site; and
- Improve the Site and our services.
If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have some trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features that are currently on our Site, or that we may put on our Site in the future. Note that browser-management tools for cookies are outside of our control and we cannot guarantee their effectiveness.
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of the Site because Fraunhofer cookies are necessary to track and enhance the Site and our services.
Security of Your Information
We have adopted and maintain measures designed to handle information we collect in a secure manner. We have taken certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to safeguard and secure the information we collect from Site visitors. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances.
Third Party Websites
The Site contains links to third-party websites, such as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the activities and practices that take place on those websites. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the privacy statement posted on any external site you access before disclosing any personal data. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
Visitors from Outside Singapore
If you are visiting the Site from outside of Singapore, your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in Singapore or other countries in accordance with this Data Protection Policy. The data protection and other applicable laws of the Republic of Singapore or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in your country or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. Your information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and law applicable in such jurisdictions. See the Location of Web Site Host section above, for more information about the administration of the Site. By using the Site and/or providing personal data to us, you consent to transfer of your information to our facilities as described in this Privacy Statement.
If you have questions or concerns about this Data Protection Policy or how we collect and use the information of Site visitors, please contact us at DPO@fraunhofer.sg
Our mailing address is:
Data Protection Officer
50 Nanyang Avenue, Block NS1-1, Level 5