Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and its project centre Fraunhofer@NTU is partner in the National Quantum-Safe Network NQSN, Singapore. For NQSN’s Quantum Communication Infrastructure & Quantum Security Lab, we are seeking for highly motivated research scientists with experience in embedded security, and/or security evaluation and certification, and/or quantum hacking who enjoys solving real-world security problems and is interested in enhancing their expertise in application-oriented quantum communication security. Several positions available.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be responsible for conducting novel research, development, evaluation and demonstration of cutting-edge and advanced quantum communication technology that will result in new technologies and services. Successful candidates for research scientist’ positions will help to design, implement, assess and deploy quantum communication technologies, services and solutions. Successful candidate will work with a team of international cybersecurity and quantum experts to develop novel solutions.
What we expect from you
We are looking for candidates with the following key attributes:
- PhD or Master’s degree in computer science, information security engineering, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience planning and executing projects related to embedded security, applied cryptography, and/or quantum hacking
- Strong interest and experience in and hardware/system hacking methods and techniques
- Strong interest in building and evaluating quantum communication systems
- Strong programming capabilities (C/C++, Python, and/or VHDL/Verilog)
- Experience in Common Criteria security evaluation EAL4+ is a benefit - Publish, participate, and serve in the research community through conferences, consortiums, workshops, etc.
- Build and strengthen university relationships and pursue collaborations with universities, and other academic/industry research labs.
- Good communication skills and good standard of English (both written and spoken). Speaking multiple languages is a plus.
- Good team player with both research and engineering ethics.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
What you can expect from us
- State-of-the-art workplace and collegial work atmosphere
- International research environment
- Systematic career planning
Additional remuneration options besides regular salary
- Possibility to pursue a PhD and further the scientific development
- Options for various career qualifications in science and industry
- Develop personal network further
- Support for balancing work and family
About Fraunhofer Singapore
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. According to the 2018 „Randstad Employer Brand Research Global Report“ Fraunhofer is one of the most attractive employers. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. Fraunhofer Singapore is the first Fraunhofer subsidiary in Asia, developing solutions and services that benefi the society and help companies and industries stay ahead of the competition. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.